The CA3140 is an integrated circuit operational amplifier that combine the advantages of high voltage PMOS transistors with high voltage bipolar transistors on a single monolithic chip.
The CA3140 BiMOS operational amplifier feature gate protected MOSFET (PMOS) transistors in the input circuit to provide very high input impedance, very low input current, and high speed performance. The CA3140 operate at supply voltage from 4V to 36V (either single or dual supply). These operational amplifiers are internally phase compensated to achieve stable operation in unity gain follower operation, and additionally, have access terminal for a supplementary external capacitor if additional frequency roll-off is desired. Terminals are also provided for use in applications requiring input offset voltage nulling. The use of PMOS field effect transistors in the input stage results in common mode input voltage capability down to 0.5V below the negative supply terminal, an important attribute for single supply applications. The output stage uses bipolar transistors and includes built-in protection against damage from load terminal short circuiting to either supply rail or to ground.
The CA3140 is intended for operation at supply voltages up to 36V (18V).
Features of CA3140 IC:-
• MOSFET Input Stage
- Very High Input Impedance (ZIN) -1.5T (Typ)
- Very Low Input Current -10pA (Typ) at 15V
- Wide Common Mode Input Voltage Range (VlCR) - Can be Swung 0.5V Below Negative Supply Voltage Rail
- Output Swing Complements Input Common Mode Range
• Directly Replaces Industry Type 741 in Most Applications
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
Applications of CA3140 IC:-
• Ground-Referenced Single Supply Amplifiers in Automobile and Portable Instrumentation
• Sample and Hold Amplifiers
• Long Duration Timers/Multivibrators (seconds-Minutes-Hours)
• Photocurrent Instrumentation
• Peak Detectors
• Active Filters
• Interface in 5V TTL Systems and Other Low Supply Voltage Systems
• All Standard Operational Amplifier Applications
• Function Generators
• Tone Controls
• Power Supplies
• Portable Instruments
• Intrusion Alarm Systems
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
CA3140 IC - (SMD Package) - BiMOS Op-Amp IC
- Product Code: EC-2857
- Availability: 289