The Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 allows an Arduino Board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5500 Ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5500 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to eight simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches that connect to the Internet using the Shield. The Ethernet Shield 2 connects to an Arduino Board using long wire-wrap headers extending through the Shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another Shield to be stacked on top of it.
The most recent revision of the board exposes the 1.0 pinout on rev 3 of the Arduino UNO Board. The Ethernet Shield 2 has a standard RJ-45 connection, with an integrated line transformer and Power over Ethernet enabled.
There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with the Arduino Uno and Mega (using the Ethernet library). The onboard micro-SD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4. The original revision of the Shield contained a full-size SD card slot; this is not supported.
The Shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5500 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up. Previous revisions of the Shield were not compatible with the Mega and needed to be manually reset after power-up. The current Shield supports a Power over Ethernet (PoE) module designed to extract power from a conventional twisted-pair Category 5 Ethernet cable.
- The Shield provides a standardRJ45Ethernet jack.
- The reset button on the Shield resets both the W5500 and the Arduino Board.
- The Shield contains a number of informationLEDs:
- ON: indicates that the Board and Shield are powered
- 13 is the Arduino standard built in LED
- ACT: flashes when RX or TX activity is present
- LINK: indicates the presence of a network link and flashes when the Shield transmits or receives data
This shield also hosts Tinkerkit compatible connectors as follows:
- 2TinkerKitconnectors for two Analog Inputs (in white), connected to A2 and A3.
- 2TinkerKitconnectors for two Aanlog Outputs (in orange in the middle), connected to PWM outputs on pins D5 and D6.
- 2TinkerKitconnectors for the TWI interface (in white with 4 pins), one for input and the other one for output.
In this picture below we have tagged the yellow ACT, the green LINK,, the 13 Built-in LED and the ON LED.
- The Ethernet Shield 2 is, at present time, not compatible with the Arduino Zero Pro Board.
- Arduino Board & PoE module is not included in the package
- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Ethernet Controller: W5500 with internal 32K buffer
- Connection speed: 10/100Mb
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
1 x Original Arduino Ethernet Shield 2
|Input Voltage Range|
36 ~ 57
|Output Voltage (VDC)|
W5500 with internal 32K buffer
|Country Of Origin||Italy|
|Packer / Importer Address||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.|
|MRP||Rs. 2465.02 (Inclusive of all Taxes)|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
Original Arduino Ethernet Shield 2
- Product Code: EC-5260
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- (Excluding 18% GST)