The DS8921 device are differential line driver and receiver pairs designed specifically for applications meeting the ST506, ST412, and ESDI disk drive standards. In addition, these devices meet the requirements of the EIA standard RS-422.
The DS8921x receivers offer an input sensitivity of 200 mV over a &plsumn;7 V common mode operating range. Hysteresis is incorporated (typically 70 mV) to improve noise margin for slowly changing input waveforms.
The DS8921x drivers are designed to provide unipolar differential drive to twisted-pair or parallel wire transmission lines. Complementary outputs are logically ANDed and provide an output skew of 0.5 ns (typical) with propagation delays of 12 ns.
The DS8921x devices are designed to be compatible with TTL and CMOS.
- 12-ns Typical Propagation Delay
- Output Skew: 0.5 ns Typical
- Meets the Requirements of EIA Standard RS-422
- Complementary Driver Outputs
- High Differential or Common-Mode Input Voltage
Ranges of ±7 V
- ±0.2 V Receiver Sensitivity Over the
Input Voltage Range
- Receiver Input Hysteresis: 70 mV Typical
- DS8921AT Industrial Temperature Operation:
(–40°C to +85°C)
|Parameter ||Values |
|Part number ||DS8921 |
|Supply voltage(s) (Nom) (V) ||5 |
|Number of TX ||1 |
|Number of RX ||1 |
|Duplex ||Full |
|Signaling rate (Max) (Mbps) ||10 |
|IEC 61000-4-2 contact (+/- kV) ||None |
|HBM ESD(kV) ||2 |
|Fault protection(V) ||-12 to 12 |
|Number of nodes ||32 |
|Common mode range ||-7 to 7 |
|ICC(Max)(mA) ||35 |
|Isolated ||No |
|Operating temperature range(C) ||-40 to 85, 0 to 70 |
|Package Group ||SOIC | 8 |
DS8921 IC Datasheet
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.