The FT232RL is the latest device to be added to FTDI’s range of USB UART interface Integrated Circuit Devices. The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output and the new FTDIChip-ID security dongle feature. In addition, asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are available. USB to serial designs using the FT232R have been further simplified by fully integrating the external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated USB termination resistors.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, RS232) at TTL levels.
- 128 byte receive buffer and 256 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Unique USB FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pins.
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- FIFO receives and transmits buffers for high data throughput.
- Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Supports bus powered, self-powered and highpower bus powered USB configurations.
- Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.
- Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for interfacing to between +1.8V and +5V logic.
- True 5V/3.3V/2.8V/1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input.
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength.
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
- Fully integrated AVCC supply filtering - no external filtering required.
- UART signal inversion option.
- +3.3V (using external oscillator) to +5.25V (internal oscillator) Single Supply Operation.
- Low operating and USB suspend current
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range.
- Available in compact Pb-free 28 Pin SSOP and QFN-32 packages (both RoHS compliant).
- USB to RS232/RS422/RS485 Converters
- Upgrading Legacy Peripherals to USB
- Cellular and Cordless Phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces
- Interfacing MCU/PLD/FPGA based designs to USB
- USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
- PDA to USB data transfer
- USB Smart Card Readers
- USB Instrumentation
- USB Industrial Control
- USB MP3 Player Interface
- USB FLASH Card Reader and Writers
- Set Top Box PC - USB interface
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Hardware Modems
- USB Wireless Modems
- USB Bar Code Readers
- USB Software and Hardware Encryption Dongles
|Storage Temperature||-65 to 150||°C|
|Floor Life (Out of Bag) At Factory Ambient |
(30°C / 60% Relative Humidity)
|(IPC/JEDEC J-STD-033A |
MSL Level 3 Compliant)*
|Ambient Temperature (Power Applied)||-40 to 85||°C|
|VCC Supply Voltage||-0.5 to +6.00||V|
|DC Input Voltage – USBDP and USBDM||-0.5 to +3.8||V|
|DC Output Current – Outputs||24||mA|
|DC Output Current – Low Impedance |
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
FT232RL (SMD SSOP-28 Package) USB to Serial UART Interface IC
- Product Code: EC-0469
- Availability: 300
- (Excluding 18% GST)