The MAX485 is low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS422 communication. Each part contains one driver and one receiver. The driver slew rates are not limited, allowing them to transmit up to 2.5Mbps. These transceivers draw between 120µA and 500µA of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disabled drivers. Drivers are short-circuit current limited and are protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedance state. The receiver input has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a logic-high output if the input is open circuit. MAX485 is designed for half-duplex applications.
- Low-Power RS-485 Transceivers
- Low-Power RS-422 Transceivers
- Level Translators
- Transceivers for EMI-Sensitive Applications
- Industrial-Control Local Area Networks
|Data Rate (Mbps)||2.5|
|Receiver/ Driver Enable||Yes|
|QUIESCENT CURRENT (Μa)||300|
|Number Of Receivers On Bus||32|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
MAX485 RS-485/RS-422 Transceiver IC DIP-8 Package
- Product Code: EC-0062
- Availability: 67
- (Excluding 18% GST)