The L4978 is a step down monolithic power switching regulator delivering 2A at a voltage between 3.3V and 50V (selected by a simple external divider). Realized in BCD mixed technology, the device uses an internal power D-MOS transistor (with a typical Rdson of 0.25Ω) to obtain very high efficency and high switching speed.
A switching frequency up to 300KHz is achievable (the maximum power dissipation of the packages must be observed). A wide input voltage range between 8V to 55V and output voltages regulated from 3.3V to 50V cover the majority of today’s applications. Features of this new generations of DCDC converter include pulse-by-pulse current limit, hiccup mode for short circuit protection, voltage feedforward regulation, soft-start, protection against feedback loop disconnection, inhibit for zero current consumption and thermal shutdown. The device is available in plastic dual in line, DIP8 for standard assembly, and SO16W for SMD assembly.
Features of L4978 IC:-
- UP TO 2A STEP DOWN CONVERTER
- OPERATING INPUT VOLTAGE FROM 8V TO 55V
- PRECISE 3.3V (±1%) INTERNAL REFERENCE VOLTAGE
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE ADJUSTABLE FROM 3.3V TO 50V
- SWITCHING FREQUENCY ADJUSTABLE UP TO 300KHz
- VOLTAGE FEEDFORWARD
- ZERO LOAD CURRENT OPERATION
- INTERNAL CURRENT LIMITING (PULSEBYPULSE AND HICCUP MODE)
- INHIBIT FOR ZERO CURRENT CONSUMPTION
- PROTECTION AGAINST FEEDBACK DISCONNECTION
- THERMAL SHUTDOWN
- SOFT START FUNCTION
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
L4978 IC - (SMD Package) - 2A Step Down Switching Regulator IC
- Product Code: EC-2864
- Availability: 129