The MAX7221 is compact, serial input/output common-cathode display driver that interface microprocessors (µPs) to 7-segment numeric LED displays of up to 8 digits, bar-graph displays, or 64 individual LEDs. Included on-chip are a BCD code-B decoder, multiplex scan circuitry, segment and digit drivers, and an 8x8 static RAM that stores each digit. Only one external resistor is required to set the segment current for all LEDs. The MAX7221 is compatible with SPI™, QSPI™, and MICROWIRE™, and has slewrate-limited segment drivers to reduce EMI.
A convenient 4-wire serial interface connects to all common µPs. Individual digits may be addressed and updated without rewriting the entire display. The MAX7221 also allow the user to select codeB decoding or no-decode for each digit.
The devices include a 150µA low-power shutdown mode, analog and digital brightness control, a scanlimit register that allows the user to display from 1 to 8 digits, and a test mode that forces all LEDs on.
Features of MAX7221 IC:-
- 10MHz Serial Interface
- Individual LED Segment Control
- Decode/No-Decode Digit Selection
- 150µA Low-Power Shutdown (Data Retained)
- Digital and Analog Brightness Control
- Display Blanked on Power-Up
- Drive Common-Cathode LED Display
- Slew-Rate Limited Segment Drivers for Lower EMI (MAX7221)
- SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE Serial Interface (MAX7221)
- 24-Pin SO Package
Applications of MAX7221 IC:-
- Bar-Graph Displays
- Industrial Controllers
- Panel Meters
- LED Matrix Displays
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
MAX7221 IC - (SMD Package) - 8-Digit LED Display Driver IC
- Product Code: EC-2869
- Availability: 138