Featuring the same 8-megapixel image sensor as the standard Raspberry Pi camera with the infrared cut-off filter removed to increase IR light sensitivity. The Pi NoIR is compatible with all Raspberry Pi models and provides high
definition, high sensitivity, low crosstalk, and low noise image capture in an ultra small and lightweight design. The camera module connects to the Raspberry Pi board via the CSI connector which is capable of extremely high data rates and it exclusively carries pixel data to the processor.
The infrared Camera Module v2 (Pi NoIR) replaced the original PiNo IR Camera Module in April 2016. The v2 Pi NoIRhas a Sony IMX219 8-megapixel sensor (compared to the 5-megapixel OmniVision OV5647 sensor of the original camera).
The Pi NoIR gives you everything the regular Camera Module offers, with one difference: it does not employ an infrared filter. (NoIR =NoInfrared.) This means that pictures you take by daylight will look decidedly curious, but it gives you the ability to see in the dark with infrared lighting.
We bundle a little square of blue gel with the Pi NoIR, which you can use with the camera to monitor the health of green plants. The Pi NoIR is very popular among wildlife hobbyists: with a few infrared LEDs, you can monitor what nocturnal animals are doing in your garden without disturbing them.
The camera works with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2, and 3. It can be accessed through the MMAL and V4L APIs, and there are numerous third-party libraries built for it, including the Pi camera Python library.
The Pi NoIR Camera Module from Raspberry Pi is ideal for HD videos and still photography at night. When used with IR LEDs you are able to see in the dark, so you can monitor plant health or even nocturnal animals.
Note: IR LEDs are required for illumination when using the Pi NoIR camera module in the dark.
- 8-Megapixel native resolution high-quality Sony IMX219 image sensor
- Cameras are capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
- Capture video at 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 resolutions
- All software is supported within the latest version of Raspbian Operating System
- No Infrared filter making it perfect for taking Infrared photographs or photographing objects in low light (twilight) conditions
- 1.4 m X 1.4 m pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
- Optical size of 1/4
1 xRaspberry Pi Camera NOIR V2
1 x 15-Pin Ribbon Camera Cable
Raspberry Pi Camera NOIR V2
Sony IMX219PQ CMOS
1080p30, 720p60, 640x480p60/9
|Dimensions in mm (LxWxH)|
25 x 20 x 9 (approx).
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Packer / Importer Address||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.|
|MRP||Rs. 2948.82 (Inclusive of all Taxes)|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
Official Raspberry Pi Camera NOIR V2
- Product Code: EC-9173
- Availability: 13
- (Excluding 18% GST)