AMG8833 IR 8*8 Thermal Imager Array Temperature Sensor Module is an 88 array of IR thermal sensors. When connected to your microcontroller (or Raspberry Pi) it will return an array of 64 individual infrared temperature readings over I2C. Its like those fancy thermal cameras, but compact and simple enough for easy integration.
AMG8833 IR 8*8 Thermal Imager Array Temperature Sensor Module will measure temperatures ranging from 0C to 80C (32F to 176F) with an accuracy of +- 2.5C (4.5F). It can detect a human from a distance of up to 7 meters (23) feet. With a maximum frame rate of 10Hz, Its perfect for creating your own human detector or mini thermal camera. We have code for using this breakout on an Arduino or compatible (the sensor communicates over I2C) or on a Raspberry Pi with Python. On the Pi, with a bit of image processing help from the SciPy python library, we were able to interpolate the 88 grid and get some pretty nice results.
The AMG8833 is the next generation of 88 thermal IR sensors and offers higher performance than its predecessor the AMG8831. The sensor only supports I2C and has a configurable interrupt pin that can fire when any individual pixel goes above or below thresholds that you set.
To make it easy to use, we pick & placed it on a breakout board with a 3.3V regulator and level shifting. So you can use it with any 3V or 5V microcontroller or computer.
Pin Description :
- Vin this is the power pin. Since the sensor uses 3.3V, we have included an onboard voltage regulator that will take 3-5VDC and safely convert it down.To power, the board, give it the same power as the logic level of your microcontroller e.g. for a 5V micro like Arduino, use 5V
- 3Vo this is the 3.3V output from the voltage regulator, you can grab up to 100mA from this if you like
- GND common ground for power and logic
- SCL this is the I2C clock pin, connect to your microcontrollers I2C clock line. There is a 10K pull-up on this pin and it is level shifted so you can use 3 5VDC.
- SDA this is the I2C data pin, connect to your microcontrollers I2C data line. There is a 10K pull-up on this pin and it is level shifted so you can use 3 5VDC.
- INT this is the interrupt-output pin. It is 3V logic and you can use it to detect when something moves or changes in the sensor vision path.
- Temperature detection of the two-dimensional area: 8 8 (64 pixels).
- Digital output (capability of temperature value output).
- Compact SMD package (adaptively to reflow mounting).
- RoHS compliant.
- High function home appliances (microwaves and air-conditioners).
- Energy saving at the office (air-conditioning/lighting control).
- Digital signage.
- Automatic doors/elevators.
Package Includes :
1 x AMG8833 IR 8x8 Thermal Imager Array Temperature Sensor Module.
1 x Header Set ( Without Soldered).
|Input Voltage (Volt)|
|Operating Temperature Range|
0 C to 80 C +32 F to +176 F
|Storage Temperature Range|
20 C to 80 C 4 F to +176 F
|Output sink current (mA)|
|Human detection distance (meter)|
|Viewing angle (degree)|
|Current consumption (mA)|
4.5 (normal mode)
|Number of pixel|
64 (Vertical 8 Horizontal 8 Matrix)
I2C (fast mode)
Typical 10 frames/sec or 1 frame/sec
17.5 x 17.5 x 7
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Packer / Importer Address||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.|
|MRP||Rs. 4808.5 (Inclusive of all Taxes)|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
AMG8833 IR 8x8 Thermal Imager Array Temperature Sensor Module
- Product Code: EC-5323
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- (Excluding 18% GST)