This is a Force sensitive resistor with a square, 1.75x1.5",sensing area. This FSR will vary its resistance depending on how much pressure is being applied to the sensing area. The harder the force, the lowerthe resistance. When no pressure is being applied to the FSR its resistance will be larger than 1M. This FSR can sense applied force anywhere in the range of 100g-10kg.
Two pins extend from the bottom of the sensor with 0.1" pitch making it bread board friendly. There is a peel-and-stick rubber backing on the other side of the sensing area to mount the FSR.
Just Connect a resistor to form a voltage divider and measure the voltage at the junction to find the force applied. These sensors are simple to set up and great for sensing pressure, but they aren't incredibly accurate. Use them to sense if it's being squeezed, but you may not want to use it as a scale.
- Actuation Force: 0.1 Newtons
- Force Sensitivity Range: 0.1 - 10.02 Newtons
- Non-Actuated Resistance: 10M W
- Device Rise Time: <3 microseconds
- Temp Operating Range: 30 - +70 ºC
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- 32 KB Flash Memory
- Overall length: 1.75"
- Overall width: 0.28"
- Sensing area: 0.3"
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
Force Sensor - 39.1mm
- Product Code: EC-1164
- Availability: 67