You want to make a cool robot, maybe a hexapod walker, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that your microcontroller has a limited number of PWM outputs! Here is the Servo Driver Module Shield 16 Channel to help you out!!!
What now? You could give up OR you could just get our handy PWM and Servo driver shield. Its now Arduino-ready and works with any Arduino that uses shields: Uno, Mega, ADK, its all good.
Using only two pins, control 16 free-running PWM outputs! You can even chain up 62 breakouts to control up to 992 PWM outputs
- Its an I2C-controlled PWM driver with a built-in clock. That means that, unlike the TLC5940 family, you do not need to continuously send it the signal to tie up your microcontroller, its completely free running!
- It is 5V compliant, which means you can control it from a 3.3V microcontroller and still safely drive up to 6V outputs (this is good for when you want to control white or blue LEDs with 3.4+ forward voltages)
- 6 address select pins so you can wire up to 62 of these on a single i2c bus, a total of 992 outputs that's a lot of servos or LEDs
- Adjustable frequency PWM up to about 1.6 KHz
- 12-bit resolution for each output for servos, that means about 4us resolution at a 60Hz update rate
- Configurable push-pull or an open-drain output
- The output enable pin to quickly disable all the outputs
We wrapped up this lovely chip into a breakout board with a couple of nice extras
- Terminal block for power input (or you can use the 0.1 breakouts on the side)
- Reverse polarity protection on the terminal block input
- Green power-good LED
- 3 pin connectors in groups of 4 so you can plug in 16 servos at once (Servo plugs are slightly wider than 0.1 so you can only stack 4 next to each other on 0.1 header
- Chain-able design
- A spot to place a big capacitor on the V+ line (in case you need it)
- 330-ohm series resistors on all the output lines to protect them, and to make driving LEDs trivial
- Solder jumpers for the 6 address select pins
- The I2C input, PWM output control 16 roads, steering gear can 16 roads.
- The steering gear power independent V + input maximum 6 V.
- Logic signals and logical power independent output for 3V to 5 V.
- 40-1000 Hz frequency.
Package Includes :
1 x 16 Channel PWM Servo Driver Module Shield
|No. of Channels|
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Packer / Importer Address||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.|
|MRP||Rs. 531 (Inclusive of all Taxes)|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
16 Channel PWM Servo Driver Module Shield
- Product Code: EC-5035
- Availability: 10
- (Excluding 18% GST)