eSUN filaments are high-quality professional grade filaments and are compatible with all FDM printers such as MakerBot, Reprap, UP, Afinia, Flash Forge and all FDM 3D Printers.
The refined colour and tone of eSUNs exotic wood filament will remind your senses of the invigorating smells and smooth textures of a full-bodied caramel latte until you stain it to reveal a master-crafted art piece of rich mahogany. This filament is an experimental product ready to be explored by the adventurous and curious 3D maker. What will you build with eSUN wood?
Wood-fil contains real Medium Density Fibers (MDF) and thus cannot be printed with the smallest of nozzle diameters (0.5mm or bigger recommended). It can be more difficult to print, but the produced parts are tougher than other wood filaments on the market and have something a little bit special about their final presentation.
eSuns Wood-based filaments are typically a composite that combines a PLA base material with wood dust, cork, and other powdered wood derivatives. Typically, the filament consists of around 30% wood particles, but the exact number may vary depending on the brand. The presence of these particles gives the 3D printed parts of the aesthetics of real wood. This filament is also less abrasive compared to other composite filaments such as carbon-fibre filled and metal filled since wood particles are much softer.
There are some wood-like filaments on the market that only contain wood colouring, but no actual wood particles, so these typically have a very different look and feel. This guide will focus on wood infused PLA filaments since these are the most common, but you can use these tips as a starting point for other wood-based filaments as well.
Pro-Tips while printing with wood Filament:
- With certain wood filaments, using different extruder temperatures will produce slightly different colours for the final printed part.
Using this effect, you can set up different temperatures for different layers of your print in Simplify3D to create a realistic grain pattern on the surface of the printed part.
- Wood filaments are very good at hiding the layer lines between different layers of your print. For simple shapes, you can likely print with a much larger layer height, since the lines between layers will be less visible.
- Many wood-based filaments can be easily post-processed using standard wood sandpaper. This can further smooth and refine the surface finish of your prints.
- Wood-textured finish is aesthetically appealing
- Does not need any expensive wear resistant nozzles
- Aromatic and pleasant smelling.
1 x eSUN Wood 3D Printer Filament 0.5kg 1.75mm
|Filament Diameter (mm)|
|Filament Weight and Length |
0.5Kg/ 165 Meter
|Density ( g/cm)|
|Melt Flow Index (g/10min)|
|Shock Resistance (KJ/m)|
|Dimensional Accuracy (mm)|
|Roundness Accuracy (mm)|
|Melt Point (C)|
Inner diameter: 50 mm
Outer diameter: 200 mm
Weight of spool 300 g
Width: 65 mm
|Country Of Origin
|Packer / Importer Address
||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.
||Rs. 2122.82 (Inclusive of all Taxes)
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.