The AD633 is a functionally complete, four-quadrant, analog multiplier. Four quadrant means that both operands that are multiplied can take any polarity i.e. +/- and hence multiplication can happen across 4 quadrants. It includes high impedance, differential X and Y inputs, and a high impedance summing input (Z). Thus this multiplier basically does a MAC operation (Multiply and Accumulate). The AD633 is well suited for such applications as modulation and demodulation, automatic gain control, power measurement, voltage-controlled amplifiers, and frequency doublers.
AD633 includes high impedance, differential X and Y inputs, and a high impedance summing input (Z). The low impedance output voltage is a nominal 10 V full scale provided by a buried Zener.
The AD633 is laser calibrated to a guaranteed total accuracy of 2% of full scale. Nonlinearity for the Y input is typically less than 0.1% and noise referred to the output is typically less than 100 µV rmsin a 10 Hz to 10 kHz bandwidth. A 1 MHz bandwidth, 20 V/µs slew rate, and the ability to drive capacitive loads make the AD633 useful in a wide variety of applications where simplicity and cost are key concerns.
The versatility of the AD633 is not compromised by its simplicity. The Z input provides access to the output buffer amplifier, enabling the user to sum the outputs of two or more multipliers, increase the multiplier gain, convert the output voltage to a current, and configure a variety of applications.
Features of AD633 Analog Multiplier IC:-
- 4-quadrant multiplication
- Low cost, 8-lead SOIC and PDIP packages
- Complete—no external components required
- Laser-trimmed accuracy and stability
- Total error within 2% of full scale
- Differential high impedance X and Y inputs
- High impedance unity-gain summing input
- Laser-trimmed 10 V scaling reference
APPLICATIONS of AD633 Analog Multiplier IC:-
- Multiplication, division, squaring
- Modulation/demodulation, phase detection
- Voltage-controlled amplifiers/attenuators/filters
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
AD633 IC - (SMD Package) - Analog Multiplier IC
- Product Code: EC-2850
- Availability: 243