MAX4466 Electret Microphone Amplifier with Adjustable Gain Module is fully assembled; tested board comes with a 20-20KHz electret microphone soldered on. For the amplification, we use the Maxim MAX4466, an op-amp specifically designed for this delicate task; The amplifier has excellent power supply noise rejection, so this amplifier sounds really good and isn't nearly as noisy or scratchy as other mic amp breakouts we've tried!
This MAX4466 Electret Microphone Amplifier with Adjustable Gain Module is best used for projects such as voice changes; audio recording/sampling, and audio-reactive projects that use FFT. On the back, we include a small trimmer pot to adjust the gain. You can set the gain from 25x to 125x.
That's down to be about 200mVpp (for normal speaking volume about 6 away) which is good for attaching to something that expects line level input without clipping, or up to about 1Vpp, ideal for reading from a microcontroller ADC. The output is rail-to-rail so if the sounds get loud, the output can go up to 5Vpp.
How to Use :
- Connect GND to ground, VCC to 2.4-5VDC.
- The audio waveform will come out of the OUT pin. The output will have a DC bias of VCC/2 so when it's perfectly quiet; the voltage will be a steady VCC/2 volt (DC couple).
- If the audio equipment you're using requires AC coupled audio; place a 100uF capacitor between the output pin and the input of your device.
- If you're connecting to an audio amplifier that has differential inputs or includes decoupling capacitors; the 100uF cap is dont require.
- The output pin is not designed to drive speakers or anything but the smallest in-ear headphones- you'll need an audio amplifier (such as 3.7W stereo amp)
- If you want to connect the amp directly to speakers. If you're connecting to a microcontroller pin, you don't need an amplifier or decoupling capacitor; connect the OUT pin directly to the microcontroller ADC pin.
- For audio-reactive projects; we suggest using an FFT driver library which can take the audio input and translate it into frequencies.
- +2.4V to +5.5V Supply Voltage Operation.
- Versions with 5nA Complete Shutdown Available (MAX4467/MAX4468).
- Excellent Power-Supply Rejection Ratio: 112dB.
- Excellent Common-Mode Rejection Ratio: 126dB.
- High AVOL: 125dB (RL = 100k).
- Rail-to-Rail Outputs.
- Low 24A Quiescent Supply Current.
- Gain Bandwidth Product:
600kHz AV 5 (MAX4466/MAX4468)
- Available in Space-Saving Packages
5-Pin SC70 (MAX4465/MAX4466)
8-Pin SOT23 (MAX4467/MAX4468/MAX4469)
1 xMAX4466 Electret Microphone Amplifier with Adjustable Gain Module.
1 x Header Set (Without Soldered).
|Input Voltage (Volt)|
|Input Current (A)|
|Gain Bandwidth Product (KHz)|
|Phase Margin (Degrees)|
|Gain Margin (dB)|
|Dimensions ( mm)|
20 x 14 x 8
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Packer / Importer Address||Constflick Technologies Limited, Building No 13 and 14, 3rd Floor, 2nd Main, Siddaiah Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560027 India.|
|MRP||Rs. 135.7 (Inclusive of all Taxes)|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.
MAX4466 Electret Microphone Amplifier with Adjustable Gain Module
- Product Code: EC-6468
- Availability: 506
- (Excluding 18% GST)
Select Quantity Discount Price per piece 1 - 4 0% 99.0000 5 - 9 1% Rs.98.00 10 - 24 3% Rs.96.00 25 - 49 5% Rs.94.00 50 - 99 7% Rs.92.00 100+ 9% Rs.90.00